Our Investing Philosophy
After nearly a decade in the industry, Green Star Advisors was founded upon these critical observations:
- The bulk of investment firms and financial advisors are not delivering to clients what they really want. That deep down clients all want confidence and that advising should be structured around this goal in mind.
- That firms put advisors in a position where the objective is to get as many clients as possible. Often we’ve found that when we ask people about the accessibility of their advisor or how often they talk to them, it was just when the account was set up or when the client initiated contact. Advisors set up the accounts and move on to the next client. Our approach is to have few but more thorough client relationships.
- We found that this transactional (versus relational) approach to clients causes advisors to miss a lot of a client’s big picture and will inadvertently create overlap in a client’s holistic portfolio only because they don’t take the time to learn of their whole situation. We seek to leave no stone unturned and this is why the first step of our advice is to get our minds around what you have through a net worth statement.
Core PhilosophiesIt is from these convictions that we’ve arrive at these core philosophies or beliefs:
- We believe that the only way to build trustworthiness is by telling all of the truth all of the time.
- We feel that so often investing can be overly complicated and that people don’t always understand what they are getting into. We believe in educating our clients and making sure that they understand what they are investing in (whether it is their existing investments or in ones that we recommend). Education is a cornerstone of what we do; we will do everything to ensure that you understand your decision.
- We leave no stone unturned. We believe in a comprehensive approach that takes into consideration everything that you have going on financially. We pride ourselves in being nosy. We ask the nosy questions because it enables us to give you the best advice. We also believe that this helps clients get their arms around their current and future financial outlook.
- We will answer any question you ask us fully and comprehensively. We feel that there should be nothing that an advisor should be embarrassed to tell a client. Simply put: If you ask a question, we will tell you the answer.